Monday, August 29, 2011

Not Thrilling But Nice!

 It's so funny to be able to connect with old friends! I'm talking about one crazy guy in particular. This guy was an old friend of mine from my radio station days at 93.3 WFLS. If you tuned into the "Drive Home Thing" you'd know to whom I'd be referring too; yes its Mr. Mike Vincent, a great radio talent and great friend.

I had the pleasure of speaking with him a bit ago and had to laugh at some our antics. I'd forgotten about the morning he overslept. You see,  this fact is important in the larger scheme of things. You see, Mike was filling in for Brian Strobel who was our Morning Drive DJ, Brian held this spot for many years (Since Jesus was a little boy).

Anyway, Brian was on vacation, so Mike took over the duties for that week. You can imagie having to fill Brian's shoes for a week as the Morning Show Talent. Wel here comes the funny part; Mr. Mike Vincent was about 90 minutes away and had overslept. Now the reason he overslept is not your business - But, I can tell you he's a guy, so I'll leave it at that!

I was on the Air and needed to make the hand off; now picture this - I've been on the air all night long. I was tired and wanted to go home. Now I get the call!!! He is running late...I'm laughing my ass off. You know why? I'm the new kid on the block. I get to run the Morning Show. Hot damn!! I perked up quick brother & sisters, LMAO ...Here I am the new guy on a 50,000 Watt station running the Morning show it was priceless.

Now imagine this - I'm on the air and these are the words I mutter:

This is the "Country Kickin Puerto Rican, Robbie Rodriguez" - In for Mike Vincent - Who is Supposed to be in for Brian Strobel...I was dying of laughter...At that moment, I look over to our news room as Mrs. Penny Wack is laughing as well. I was loving it...In the meantime our Program Director Mr. Jon Reid was calling in to the studio to find out where in the hell Mike was!! It was so funny! This is why I love what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment